I just got what Dave was saying. The drawing shows the outlet fitting
1-1/2" from each of two edges and the inlet fitting 4-1/2" and 6" from the
edges. The distance from the center of one fitting to the center of the
other is therefore
sqrt( (4.5 - 1.5)^2 + (6 - 1.5)^2 ) or 5.4 inches
This is a bit close. If the inlet fitting is moved from 4-1/2" to 7-1/2"
from the edge, the distance is
sqrt( (7.5 - 1.5)^2 + (6 - 1.5)^2 ) or 7.5 inches
This gives considerably more room to work and can accomodate elbows with
SailNet carries a number of things that might be needed for installing your tank. This list is not meant to imply a recommendation. Perhaps after I install my tank I can offer better advice, but this list is just to help you find the parts. Feedback on the suitability of these parts is welcome, preferably to the mailing list.
- hose elbows Vic at Raritan recommends Marelon elbows because they fit the hose better than the PVC ones you buy at the local hardware store. The Marelon comes in straight and British Pipe Thread versions (see Forespar catalog) and the fittings on the tank are American Pipe Thread.
I found some information about pipe threads, some pictures of the threads, and
dimensions of pipe and pipe fittings. I'm still not sure what to do about this. SailNet does carry the straight thread Marelon elbows:
- search FOR901004 for 1-1/2"
- search FOR901007 for 3/4"
- deck fittings
- search ABI1794SS for ABI 316 stainless
- search FOR907004 for Forespar Marelon
- search SEA351268 for Seadog 304 stainless
- search ABI1734BR for ABI bronze (threaded, needs tailpiece
- Y fittings
- search WHAYP6114 for Whale Y connecter (no right angle turn, like a T fitting would have)
- search FOR902004 (with flange) or FOR902005 (without flange) for Forespar Y connector
- Y valves if you prefer
- search FOR902000 for Forespar Y valve
- search WHADV5606 for Whale diverter valve
- search BOSBM-95 for Bosworth Sea-lect Y valve
- search TRI140-1126F for Trident 1-1/2" sanitation hose
- search TRI148-1005F for Trident 1" sanitation hose
- search TRI148-0346F for Trident 3/4" sanitation hose
- search TRI162-0345 for Trident 3/4" reinforced clear hose
- search TRI100-0346F for Trident 3/4" black hose