Built by Bristol Yachts
- Production 1966-1978
- Number built - 337
photo of David Berke's Bristol 27 under sail.
Description from original brochures
(Courtesy of Kevin Monahan)
Custom quality! For a reasonable price, the Bristol-27 provides a quality hull filled with excellent features and workmanship. The proven reliability of both designer and builder makes it a lasting value. She's roomy! She's fast! She's a good heavy weather performer! She's a boat we are proud to place against any kind of competition. We feel she's an "inside and out" bargain. Pick the version that best suits your needs ... and compare!
Hand lay up construction and full length keel with attached rudder provides strength and sailing stability.
Fall in love! The best way to judge a boat is to sail it, to live in it, to owne it over a period of time. This isn't always possible to do before you buy, but you certainly can ask other owners what they think. Ask them what they think of the Bristol styling inside. Ask them about the quality of materials and workmanship. Maybe you could turn on the charm and ask them for a ride. If you fall in love with it ... great! You're on your way to sailing satisfaction!
Note: Remember ... inboard power available. Check the long list of Optional Equipment ... and tailor this mini-yacht to taste.
Bristol 27 standard equipment
Hull & Deck
Molded high-impact fiberglass reinforced polyester resin ... largely woven roving, strongest material available. Hull and deck thicknesses vary to suit structural demands. Deckhouse, deck and cockpit are integrally molded. Deck clamp and cove stripe molded with hull. Deck is mechanically bonded and sealed to deck clamp in hull to prevent leaking. Full length non-skid dexoleum on deck and in walkways. Teak cap rail. Opening forward hatch (translucent) with molded gasket receptacle, hatch lock, and hatch adjuster.
Features of opening hull mold
- Fair Sheer line
- Molded cove stripe
- Overlap joint on hull-deck bond eliminating leaks and provides extra strength
- Controlled resin cure eliminates fiberglass patern on hull finish (print through)
- Uniform lay-up in keel section
- Generous cockpit area 6'-2" (cruising model).
- Storage in large lazaret and in sail lockers under cockpit seats.
- Molded fiberglass winch bases with handle storage.
- Extra large 1-1/2 cockpit scuppers.
- Cockpit seat hatches completely scuppered to prevent leakage.
All deck hardware is satin finished chrome-plated bronze or high tensile alloys. Custom cast manganese-bronze, chrome plated stem head with integral chocks.
- Smooth fiberglass headliner.
- Interior finished with satin-finish mahagany bulkheads and trim.
- Formica-covered counters.
- Carpeting is 100% polypropylene (indoor-outdoor).
Washable, colorfast & mildew-proof.
- Companionway grabrails.
- Hand rails in main cabin.
- Forward berths (2)6'-6" long.
- Main cabin berths (2) 6'-4" long.
- Four (4) mattresses of 4" polyurethane foam with zippered leatherlike vinyl covers.
- Galley features wide counter area.
- Stainless steel sink (14" x 10" x 6"deep).
- Icebox door (with chain restrainer) forms shelf.
- Bin storage under galley counter. Locker storage under sink.
- Dish, package storage galley counter racks and shelf over icebox.
- Icebox drains overboard. Two-burner alcohol stove.
- Ports: main cabin, 4 fixed ports; Head, Forward Cabin, 1 opening each(fixed)
- Plastic track and slides for curtains.
- Enclosed thwartship head compartment (5'-10" high) with linen storage cabinet and hamper portside.
- hanging locker on starboard side.
Generous storage & drawer space.
- 2 full-length shelves, storage under berths, large bookshelf, bedding storage behind backrests.
- 3 drawers bin storage under berths.
- storage cutouts in berth fronts.
- 2 full-length shelves, rope locker.
- Thru cabin-sole trap.
- Outboard models provide additional storage space in motor compartment
- Access is behind companionway steps.
Equipment is basically the same as for Cruising Model. Table is standard equipment on Dinette Model. See drawings for sleeping accommodations and galley arangement.
(outboard): Completely sealed, selfbailing outboard motor well in aft lazaret with ventilators. A 10 H.P. motor recommended.
(Inboard): Atomic 4 under the companionway is optional.
Includes electrical switch panel with switches and fuses for:
- running lights.
- cabin lights.
- bow light.
- miscellaneous lights.
- blower (inboard only).
- ignition (inboard only).
- 20pt bow light.
- 12 pt stern light.
port & starboard lights.
- galley dome light.
- 5 bulkhead-mounted lights.
- 12 volt system.
Tanks(Standard cruising model):
- water tank (polyvinyl)- 20 gallon capacity.
- 20 gallon monel gas tank available with inboard engine models.
Spars & Rigging:
- Modern masthead rig with fully anodized mast (31' 9") and boom (12').
- Mast extrusion (our own design) with extruded sail track.
- Shrouds are 7/32" stainless wire.
- Turnbuckles (7/16")are chrome plated with monel shaft.
- Roller reefing gooseneck (spring type).
- Main and jib halyards are stainless steel with dacron tails.
- Main and jib sheets are 3/8" dacron Samson yacht braid.
- Grounded stays and wiring.
- Main sheet jam cleat.
- Topping lift.
- Sail slide gate.
- Flag halyard.
Colors: Owner may specify colors (from standard color selections) to be molded into hull and deck and choose from a variety of available colors for boot-top, anti-fouling (vinyl) paint, cove stripe (unpainted is standard) and mattresses.
===Bristol 27 Specifications ===
Models: B-27 Standard, B-27 Dinette, B-27 Weekender
Designer: Carl A. Alberg
Builder: Bristol Yachts
L-O-A: 27' 2"
L-W-L: 19' 9"
Beam: 8" 0"
Draft: 4" 0"
Ballast: 2575 lbs(internal lead)
Displacement: 6600 lbs
Sail Area: 340 sq. ft.
Bristol 27 Lines
Bristol 27 Sail Plan